SMSHE Healthcare Facilities Leadership (HFL) Scholarship
The intent of the SMSHE Healthcare Facilities Leadership Scholarship is to promote future healthcare facilities leaders in the healthcare facilities management environment. SMSHE is dedicated to providing educational opportunities to its membership and helping them grow to achieve higher education, further their career and create a healing and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. This Scholarship will also encourage new talent to enter the healthcare facilities management profession and encourage SMSHE membership.
- Members or children of members must be in good standings with SMSHE, ASHE and continue to maintain their membership throughout the entire scholarship program.
- College students with an interest, desire and passion to obtain a career in Healthcare Facilities Leadership.
- Eligible Courses must be related to healthcare facilities management or related engineering disciplines. Course will be reviewed and approved by SMSHE Board or board designee prior to signing up for courses.
- Maximum allowable annual scholarship will be $2,000 annually for each candidate.
- A total of 2 scholarships will be offered to eligible candidates.
- Recipients must have a minimum of a “C” average to be considered if currently attending.
- Applicants must maintain a minimum of two classes a semester (or 5 credit hours). Note* this ensures applicants obtain a degree or certification in a timely manner.
Review and Acceptance Process
- Members interested in this scholarship program should submit their name, healthcare system and 3-5 paragraphs on why they are deserving of this scholarship to the current SMSHE President to submit to the Board or SMSHE Committee for review.
- Also provide 2 letters of recommendation from peers, employer or coworker.
- The Board or SMSHE Committee will review and vote on all prospective candidates.
- All candidates will be notified via an email response.
- Applications will be accepted each year starting January 1 through March 31.
- Applications will be reviewed through April 21.
- Applicants will be notified by April 30.