SMSHE originally began as the Greater Detroit Area Health Council in the 1970’s and, after several name changes, emerged as the Southeastern Michigan Society for Healthcare Engineering. After incorporating as a 501(c)(6) non-profit, SMSHE re-organized as an independent ASHE Affiliated Chapter in 2010. SMSHE is dedicated to improving the communication, education and overall integrity of the healthcare industry.
Our philosophies are simple:
- Provide a pipeline whereby healthcare engineers can share industry information with one another in an open forum;
- Strive to provide exceptional educational programs for the betterment of our healthcare engineering members;
- Provide an environment where associate members have access to facilities engineers in order to share state-of-the-art technology and applications, as well as cost effective solutions to support the continuing education of the professional members;
- Provide fundraising opportunities and teambuilding events to encourage camaraderie and benefit our local communities;
- Provide mentoring opportunities for the next generation of engineers;
- Encourage volunteerism.
SMSHE will provide the primary forum for local healthcare engineers and suppliers to engage in meaningful dialogue for the ultimate purpose of providing better patient healthcare.